Deck the halls with boughs of holly, find a pear tree for your partridge, get those jingle bells ready – Camden and Oran Park are about to be lit up as Council counts down to a Camden Chrissy!
A number of activities are in store for residents who are invited to kick off festivities this Saturday 27th with the Lighting of the beloved Christmas tree on Argyle Street as well as the newest tree in Oran Park’s civic precinct. The virtual event will be LIVE this on Council’s social media pages.
Other activities include:
- Christmas Lights Competition – entries will open from Monday 1 November with winners announced on Friday 10 December. Categories include Best Lit House, Nest Novelty Display and Best Commercial/Non-Residential Display;
- Christmas Card Competition – entries will open from Monday 1 November and will close on Thursday 25 November;
- Send Santa a virtual letter;
- Christmas Giving Appeal – open from Monday 1 November, with donations going to Blue Wren House and Shining Stars Foundation;
- #CamdenLove Bears – get in the Christmas spirit and nominate a worthy community member for a Camden Love Bear; and
- #Camdenbought offers – a range of great Christmas offers from your local businesses to be confirmed.
“The Camden area always celebrates Christmas in a beautiful way and this year should be no different,” a Council spokesperson said.
While getting into the Chrissy spirit throughout the Camden area, remember to follow COVID safe guidelines and use the QR codes to log in to all venues you attend.
For more information on A Camden Chrissy, go to camden.nsw.gov.au