This year the Festival of Fisher’s Ghost returns from 2 to 12 November with an exciting line-up of events throughout Campbelltown CBD and surrounds, alongside family favourites from last year’s revamped program.
“The Festival of Fisher’s Ghost has been celebrated locally since 1956 and continues to share a deep connection to our community and residents,” Mayor George Greiss said.
Adrenaline seekers and ride lovers can now enjoy the Fisher’s Ghost Carnival fun at Leumeah Commuter Car Park from 2 November, or test their balance in Retro Rollin’ at Dumaresq Street Car Park on 4 and 5 November.
The iconic community parade is unfortunately a thing of the past. But the Fisher’s Twilight Fair will give visitors the chance to explore market stalls, live performances, kid’s activities and roaming entertainment in Campbelltown CBD on 4 November, while music fans will want to secure their tickets to enjoy country and rock musicians, headlined by 90s hard rock band, Baby Animals, at Sunset Sounds on 11 November at Campbelltown Athletics Stadium.
“Last year we introduced a brand new events program to ensure we continue to improve and expand the appeal of this wonderful celebration for both long-term residents and brand new visitors to Campbelltown,” Dr Greiss said.
An augmented reality Art Trail will be introduced to this year’s event, allowing residents to explore five key public artworks around Campbelltown CBD and bring the artworks to life. The tour can be accessed through participants’ devices and will provide further details about the works.
Events at this year’s Festival of Fisher’s Ghost include:
- Fisher’s Ghost Carnival (Thurs 2 – Sun 12 Nov)
- Fisher’s Ghost Art Award Exhibition (Thurs 2 Nov – Fri 8 Dec)
- Fisher’s Twilight Fair (Sat 4 Nov)
- Retro Rollin’ (Sat 4 – Sun 5 Nov)
- Fisher’s Ghost ARt After Dark Trail (Sat 4 – Sun 12 Nov)
- Fisher’s Kids Yomise (Sat 4 Nov)
- Dogs in the Park at Fisher’s Ghost (Sun 5 Nov)
- In the Footsteps of Fred – Walking Tour (Mon 6 Nov)
- Sunset Sounds (Sun 11 Nov)
- Marsdens Law Group Fisher’s Ghost Fun Run (Sun 12 Nov)
Associated events endorsed by Council will run throughout the festival. These include:
- Fisher’s Ghost Stamp Fair by Campbelltown District Philatelic Society on Sunday 5 November at Campbelltown Civic Centre from 9am to 4pm
- Community Youth Skateboarding Workshops on Sunday 5 November at Leumeah Skate Park from 11am to 3pm
- Open morning on Saturday 11 November at Glenalvon Historic House (8 Lithgow Street, Campbelltown) from 10am to 1pm
- Cars and Ghost at Fisher’s Ghost Festival by Cars Under the Stars on Sunday 12 November at Hurley Street Commuter Carpark in Campbelltown from 9am to 2pm
- Open Studio on Saturday 5 November at Heffalump Dezign Art School Open Studio (17/25-29 Dumaresq Street, Campbelltown) from 4.30pm to 7.30pm
A full events program and details can be found on Council’s website HERE.