Several Men’s Sheds in Hume will receive an early Christmas gift after securing funding under the National Shed Development Programme.
“These grants will mean a lot to the members of the sheds and their broader communities, and I congratulate them on their success,” said Federal Member for Hume Angus Taylor.
Federal Member for Hume Angus Taylor said Tahmoor, Bargo, Menangle, Colo Vale, Bundanoon, Narellan and Hill Top Men’s Sheds would all receive grants under Round 22 of the programme as follows:
- Tahmoor Uniting Men’s Shed $3,800 Carbatec cabinet saw & sliding table assembly
- Bargo Men’s Shed $1,813 Computer, printer, smart TV
- Menangle Men’s Shed $1,130 Small water tank and pump
- Colo Vale Men’s Shed $2,200 Defibrillator
- Bundanoon Men’s Shed $4,070 Shed Improvements
- Men’s Shed Narellan $2,000 Drill Press
- The Hill Top Men’s Shed $2,236 PPE equipment
“This funding round helps men’s sheds to buy tools and equipment, support community projects and training, maintain or develop their buildings, or create local activities to improve men’s health,” Mr Taylor said.
The NSDP provides funding to Men’s Sheds through a competitive grants process. Sheds can apply for funding and grants up to a total of $10,000, with priority given to sheds in disadvantaged areas.
Applications for Round 23 of the NSDP will be opened in mid-January 2022.